Associate Inventory PlannerJob ID R34912
Job Description Details
The Associate Inventory Planner supports select categories with purchase order lifecycle, forecasts and manages the Casa Florentina business business with Italy, and manages communication with all Ballard Drop Ship vendors as a liaison between corporate office, call center, and vendor.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic and organizational skills
- Dynamic and persistent personality; results oriented
- Excellent problem solver with a forward-thinking vision who can work independently and with a team
- Quick learner who can take initiative and assume accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all internal levels and with vendors, both domestic and international
Supporting assigned product categories:
- Manage the purchase order lifecycle: submitting orders, vendor followup, tracking, shipping, and receiving. Maintain accurate documentation related to communication, modifications, and invoicing
- Vendor management – communicate with international and domestic vendors regarding shipping, payment, and vendor information updates
- Monitor shipping reports to make sure orders are on time. Alert Planners to any potential issues
- Support Planner with additional projects and tasks as needed
Casa Florentina Program
- Forecast all Casa Florentina from vendor Buying & Design, placing appropriate purchase orders for select stock styles
- Write weekly orders for special order Casa Florentina, working closely with vendor on shipping and/or order issues.
Drop Ship Communication/Reporting
- Act as conduit on questions from the drop ship team in the call center or from drop ship vendors. Replies to call center or vendor should occur within 24 hours.
- Communicate with Merchants on vendors that habitually violate defined brand processes.
- Communicate with Planners regarding any requested forecast needs from vendors
- On a weekly basis, communicate with vendors on upcoming and past due ESD’s
- On a monthly basis, prepare reporting relating to vendor performance
- Maintain seasonal drop ship lead time changes in Ecometry for key programs relating to holiday or seasonal factory closures
- Maintain data in all systems related to Committed Stock vendors
- Modify approved cost changes for open orders in VendorNet
- Review Drop Ship Pivot on weekly basis for old order status
This is a not an all inclusive list and priorities and can change as business dictates.
- 2-5 years experience or training in a retail or direct environment
- College Degree Required
- Highly Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare and analyze quantitative data
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.