Associate Sourcing SpecialistJob ID 0819241
Management of product development and sourcing for assigned categories/area in all countries
- Drive proprietary product development to decrease time to market
- Manage and train vendors and agents for long-term growth and partnership
- Continually increase quality, standards, and margin while maintaining Ballard’s established business
- Increase project capacity & productivity
- Partner with Product Design, Quality & Compliance, Merchandising & Inventory to manage assigned projects for cost effective timely product development with adequate lead-time for stock
- Ensure that the Ballard Designs brand is represented in each product with proper standards in quality, branding, packaging ...
- Train and/or maintain training established with each vendor, agent and forwarder regarding Ballard routines (i.e. drop testing, factory evaluation, all aspects of pd routine, emails, labeling/ packaging, quality standards, new vendor training, vendor compliance, product testing, trips …)
- Provide sound judgment and decision making from learnings through each project
- Learn, maintain and grow partnerships with each agent, vendor and forwarder
- Import/regulations compliance – classify items in development, maintain required item records, ensure import and US regulations followed for each item
- Maintain vendor & agent detailed records
- Item Records – all product development records are to be complete and accurate
- Price increases – prepare chart accurately with all details for Sourcing review before sent to Merch
- Prepare PD folders with each daily email. Save item records to the drive.
- Support Quality & Compliance team as needed for package testing, quality and vendor compliance issues
Project Management & Planning
- Actively drive internal and external partners to/ahead PD Calendar deadlines for timely product development to ensure new items are in stock at deadlines
- Maintain all reports to keep projects/documents organized and updated – product development packets, accurate spec sheets, Work Group reports …
- Work Group Meetings – prepare for the WG meeting in assigned category. Partner with Sourcing Assistant to ensure that WG is current with updates following each WG meeting. Set example of team work and accountability required for WG meetings
- Track inbound air/ocean product development samples
- Ship reference swatches and samples to agents/vendors
- Prepare commercial documents and ship outbound ocean samples
- Build partnerships with internal and external teams, remove obstacles and work across teams to ensure projects and initiatives are completed by deadlines.
- Set a culture and environment that is team work driven to accomplish category goals
- Perform all Sourcing routines surrounding Sourcing trips preparation and follow-up
- Support team as needed when team members traveling
- College degree required
- Extremely organized, experience with large volume of projects and project management preferred
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills. Quick learner.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and work within all levels of the organization
- Ability to function independently or in a team and show sound judgment in a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization
- Enjoy working collaboratively and across many cultures
- Outlook, Excel – proficient required
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.