Digital Color/Retouching SpecialistJob ID R39201
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a Digital Color/Retouching Specialist to join our Creative team.
The Digital Color/Retouching Specialist is a key member in the creative/photography team. The Digital Color/Retouching Specialist interfaces with many departments, so it is imperative they not only be highly visual and creative, but they must also have good communication skills, be highly organized and efficient, have excellent follow-through and be able to constantly multi-task.
- Understand the Ballard brand and bring it to life in our photography.
- Work with the Color Specialist team and develop RAW digital captures into final print/web ready photography. (based on aesthetic and mechanical specifications)
- Perform critical product color matching and retouching in CMYK for print and RGB for web.
- Quickly become familiar with our products and recognize them visually.
- Output color proofs and maintain SWOP 3 validation
- Insure a consistent level of image quality and continuity.
- Maintain professional and positive communication with multiple departments
- At least 3 years of color/retouching experience in prepress, agency or photo studio environment
- Must be able to work on a Mac platform and be fluent with Adobe Creative Suite (with an emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- In addition to technical proficiency, must also present an aesthetic awareness that adheres to the Ballard Brand.
- Experience with RAW digital capture, file management and web optimization techniques.
- A working knowledge of color management practices including the use of ICC profiles for CMYK SWOP conversion, proofing and monitor calibration
- Able to easily communicate and share ideas within a team environment.
- Open to learning new skills and adapting to changing technology.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects concurrently, and meet deadlines while staying professional and positive.
- Must be flexible in scheduling/some extra hours as needed.
- The position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.