Inventory Planner - RetailJob ID R38187
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for an Inventory Planner - Retail to join our retail team.
The Inventory Planner - Retail is responsible for planning and facilitating assortment strategies that ensures effective inventory management at the store / category level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic and organizational skills
- Dynamic and persistent personality; results oriented
- Excellent problem solver with a forward-thinking vision who can work independently and with a team
- Quick learner who can take initiative and assume accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all internal levels and with vendors, both domestic and international
Prime Store Inventory Management
- Analyzes store performance and modifies individual store min/max models as needed to optimize customer experience, store presentation, and financial requirements
- With Retail Team, Merchant, and Category Planner partners, creates seasonal floorset quantities in Forecast 21 to support store visual plans
- Forecasts demand and manages purchase orders for all items unique to the Retail channel
- Responsible for inventory builds for all new stores, maintenance of those in Forecast 21, and execution with Distribution Center partners
- Manages all allocations to stores, backstock replenishment, and inter-store consolidations and transfers
- Contributes analysis and recommendations to Merchants and Planners, and in key weekly/monthly meetings; providing recommendations based on trend
Outlet Store Inventory Management
- Manage flow of returns and seconds inventory into outlet stores to meet inventory and product assortment needs
- Minimize aged inventory in returns and seconds locations within Distribution Centers; identify key inventory problems and propose solutions where needed
- Recognize and propose solutions to processes and/or systems that will improve inventory turn or the customer experience
- Meet all deadlines including those on the Product Development Calendar
- Mentor Planning Assistant in planning skill sets
- Collaborate with all other departments to encourage best practices and resolve issues concerning systems, products, vendors, presentation and inventory levels.
- Network with the Softvision support team and other Forecast 21 Users to keep abreast of system changes and communicate system issues.
- Cross-train in the department to provide back-up support to others, and train others as back up for own position.
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time
- 2-5 years’ experience or training in a retail or direct environment
- College Degree Required
- Highly Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.