Inventory Planning AssistantJob ID R42276
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for an Inventory Planning Assistant to join our Inventory team. .
The Inventory Planning Assistant has to interface with many of the planners so it is imperative they have good communication skills and excellent follow through. It is their responsibility to assist the Inventory Planners in maintaining various projects and deadlines, so strong organizational ability is also imperative. In addition, they will be responsible for the lifecycle of the purchase order, from placement to receipt.
- Manage the purchase order lifecycle: submitting orders, vendor followup, tracking, shipping, and receiving. Maintain accurate documentation related to communication, modifications, and invoicing.
- Vendor management – communicate with international and domestic vendors regarding shipping, payment, and vendor information updates
- Monitor shipping reports to make sure orders are on time. Alert Planners to any potential issues
- Support Planner with additional projects and tasks as needed
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic and organizational skills
- Aggressive and persistent personality; results oriented.
- Excellent problem solver with a forward-thinking vision who can work independently and with a team
- Quick learner who can take initiative and assume accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all internal levels and with vendors, both domestic and international
- 1-2 yr. relevant work experience
- College degree required
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.