Inventory Planning ManagerJob ID R38702
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for an Inventory Planning Manager to join our planning team.
The Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for managing Inventory Planners and categories to achieve corporate demand, inventory turn, fill rate and margin goals.
- Strong Leadership, Mentoring, and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic and organizational skills
- Dynamic and persistent personality; results oriented
- Excellent problem solver with a forward-thinking vision who can work independently and with a team
- Quick learner who can take initiative and assume accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all internal levels and with vendors, both domestic and international
Team Member Management and Partnership
- Train and develop Inventory Planners and Assistants to achieve company metric and performance goals
- Work closely with Merchandising and Sourcing partners on deadline and results management
Financial Management and Reporting
- Work closely with Director of Inventory Planning on preparation of or analysis of period financial reports
- Manage forecasts and Inventory to corporate budget requirements
- Partner with Merchants on Assortment management
Inventory Forecasting and Management
- In addition to supervising Planners, has direct responsibility for Forecasting and Inventory Management of select product categories.
- Use Softvision Suite Forecasting to accurately forecast category, sub category and SKU level demand for all channels, supporting category demand and margin goals.
- Manage product inventory and receipt budgets to develop buy plans, place orders, and evaluate/action inventory position to support budgeted goals of stock turn, fill rate, initial margin, and liquidation inventory levels
- Partner with the team on product issues, history, size assortment, placement of product, and vendor concerns.
- Analyze and recommend rationalization for SKU and overall product offering to Merchandising
- Maintain PO and inventory information and reports to ensure timely delivery of merchandise while meeting initial fill rate, inventory and turn goals.
- Mentor Planning Assistants in planning skill sets.
- Network with the Softvision support team and users to keep abreast of system changes and communicate system issues.
- Cross-train in the department to provide back-up support to others, and train others as back up for own position.
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time
- 5 or more years Forecasting and Inventory Management experience, preferably in a direct environment
- Supervisory experience
- Direct Import experience preferred
- Forecasting/Inventory Management software experience; Softvision a plus
- Highly Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action
- College Degree Required
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.