Jr. Web DesignerJob ID R42893
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a Jr. Web Designer to join our digital team.
We are seeking a results oriented professional to join our Digital Team as a Jr. Web Designer. A successful candidate for the position must contain the knowledge and skills to be responsible for the following:
- Design, create and maintain web page templates, site content, graphics and email templates for the Creative and Marketing Departments.
- Have strong typographic, color and layout skills and an understanding of how these basic design principles are applied to the web.
- Have conceptual and creative skills with experience in copy/design integration and interactive interface design.
- Have an understanding of user interface and information architecture principles and familiarity with usability principles.
- Be well versed in Photoshop, Illustrator and XHTML/CSS with a broad understanding of current web and browser-related issues.
- Have a strong interest in web technologies, standards, design tools and trends as well as an understanding of the practical benefits and limitations of web technologies (such as Flash and HTML).
- Ability to create web pages in HTML without use of WYSIWYG editor.
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a production-oriented environment, professionally and proactively completing assignments.
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes based on constructive criticism and be able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Possess outstanding verbal communication skills, self-motivation, attention to detail, passion for web design, desire to keep learning and a drive to produce great work on a consistent basis.
- Able to work closely with other visual designers and copywriters.
- 1-2 years experience in web or graphic design.
- Highly proficient in design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with minor photo retouching in Photoshop.
- Proficient in HTML, SASS, CSS, Bootstrap and Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of mobile web design, app design, HTML5 or JQuery is a plus.
- Experience working with CMS such as Wordpress, Concrete 5, Joomla, etc.
- Experience working on: consumer facing transactional or ecommerce oriented sites, Salesforce ExactTarget, social media campaigns and branding over digital platforms a plus.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.