Leader of Design ServicesJob ID R38098
Job Description Details
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you.
Ballard Designs is part of Qurate Retail Group (Nasdaq: QRTEA), consisting of seven leading retail brands, reaching approximately 380 million homes worldwide through 15 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogues, and in-store destinations.
The Leader of Design Services, Ballard Designs has the primary responsibility to grow our Design business across both retail and digital platforms. This role is charged with providing the tools, resources, training, and development to our Design Solutions Team which will allow them to provide exceptional experiences to our Guests. This position reports directly into the Sr. Director of Retail, Ballard Designs.
- Design Solutions
- Enhance and refine current design/sales model to deliver a distinctive experience that is unique to Ballard Designs as a trusted design partner for our Guests
- Partner with retail leadership to recruit, train, and develop Design Consultants & Design Assistants
- Provide continuing education for new and existing Design Team including, but not limited to: connecting with Guests, completing Home Calls, providing the best design solutions for Guests utilizing the extensive product assortment provided by the brand, space planning, and closing sales
- Lead Digital Design Team to provide solutions to “Design Dilemmas” and develop plan to use this program to create incremental sales for the brand
- Benchmark current services versus the competitive set to ensure we are setting the pace in the retail space
- Partner with Merchandising, Planning, and Marketing teams to ensure Stores receive the education necessary to meet our Guests’ needs as it relates to Product in our retail Stores
- Build tools and resources to provide Team Member Product Training, from initial onboarding through continuing Team Member education on the unique and distinctive nature of our product offerings
Talented Designer: Proven ability to work with design clients, creating unique design solutions, and closing design business.
Creative Thinker: Problem solver who isn’t constrained by “these are the rules” mentality. Must be a free thinker who is solution oriented.
Strategic Thinker: Ability to align Retail Studios with Guest needs, balanced within budget and resource constraints.
Drive for Results: High energy, self directed and intrinsically motivated to drive results by setting strategic goals, drives aggressive business initiatives that positively represents the brand.
People Leader: Inspiring leader who communicates passion, energy, and excitement and has high emotional intelligence. A team builder who can inspire, coach, develop, hold others accountable for agreed-to results. Celebrate individuals and teams for achieving significant milestones and goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven ability to access current process, grounded in the Guest wants and needs, with an ability to provide solutions to meet ever changing landscape
- Strong personnel leadership and retail operations/design knowledge
- Proven experience in delivering tools that lead to results. Strong 'retail math' knowledge and business acumen; thorough knowledge of retail KPIs (Conversion, AOV, AUR, UPT, etc.) that are behavior-based
- Track record of working in very dynamic, fluid, and high growth environment
- Ability to create tools that are needed, ways to innovatively implement to a large Field Team Member population, with follow-up measures to assure adoption and changed performance as a result
- Advanced computer skills - Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Constant use of office equipment and mobile office devices (laptops, BB/PDA, etc.)
- Travel required: 50%-75% of time
- The successful candidate must be a dynamic leader, strategic thinker, and highly motivated. He or she must have a strong ability to communicate and build effective cross-functional relationships.
- 4 year college degree in Interior Design or related field preferred
- 10 years or more of Home Furnishings retail management experience in a high volume organization with a Guest-Centric selling/service model
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.