Product DesignerJob ID 0819223
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. We are currently looking for a Designer to join our Product Design team.
• Design and develop products to meet business goals, style trends and seasonal concepts.
• Working with The Merchandise team – own the development process from the original sketch of ideation to final drawings and clear projects sheets for manufacturing
• In collaboration with the Merchandising and Sourcing departments, drive the process for product development of new items.
• Work with the Merchandising department in developing designs based on analytical data of current trends and future needs to round out the Ballard Designs product offering.
• Draft designs and develop clear, documented project sheets and properly formatted CAD drawings and 3-D modeling.
• Pursue knowledge of current interior design and home decor trends in the marketplace.
• Ensure Ballard Designs brand is represented in each product with design elements that support the overall quality of the brand
• Maintain a master report and a file for each project to keep projects organized and updated.
• Collaborate with all functional areas to build the Ballard overall business.
• 3-4 years’ experience in design/drafting and specifying furniture or home decor products in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related degree is preferred.
• Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Expertise in one of the following: 3D Design, Solid Edge, Solid Works, Key shot 3-D, Rhino.
• Ability to function independently or in a team and show sound judgment in a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
• Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization
• This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.