RETAIL STORE MANAGERJob ID R41382
Job Description Details
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with the Store Manager. In this role, you will create and maintain an inspiring shopping experience in which our guest feels inspired and empowered to customize their space. As the Store Manager, you will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set you store to exceed all expectations.
The Store Manager Position
• Make plan & drive EBITDA by creating the most amazing place to work and shop by delivering the brand experience.
• Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build guest loyalty through store programs that include Design Solutions events, BD PLCC events, community outreach and additional corporate and regional events throughout the year.
• Evaluate and develop growth within the Design Solutions program.
• Lead weekly management meetings that are focused on goal setting, business plan communication and strategic analysis.
• Optimize management development in floor leadership, division of leadership roles and business acumen.
• Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor leadership to drive sales while maintaining extraordinary guest experiences and visual presentation.
• Give all final approvals on hiring, pay rates and scheduling.
• Assess performance management through EPI’s and motivate team members through daily sales rallies, guest experiences, product knowledge and operational execution.
• Develop overall teamwork by increasing levels of team responsibility, using individual development plans and holding leadership teams accountable for 'Division of Leadership' assignments.
• Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching in the moment and feedback using performance management processes.
• Network, interview, select and on-board new team members.
• Build positive working relationships with the store team, Head of Retail, Retail and Operations brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
• Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
• Utilize experience performance management metrics to assess team member behaviors for identifying strengths and opportunities.
• Manage loss prevention and the execution of physical inventory.
• Leads quarterly ‘coffee chats’ with all team members to support and encourage focus and a team environment that is positive, uplifting and supportive.
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
Leader & Team Builder--Attracts, develops and motivates the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals and leadership development to support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results. Embraces teamwork and monitors the continued leadership excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always stays focused on top priorities.
Last modified 5/15/2019
Results-Driven--Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator—Communicates clearly and effectively with team members at all levels, external partners and guests. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring --Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently expects accountability with the leadership team and demonstrates this level of expectation with team members. Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions team member engagement and holds leaders responsible for the engagement of their teams.
• College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
• 5 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Taleo, Kronos and POS systems.
• Ability to critically think like a new business owner – grey is our current retail normal
• Ability to work independently and without close supervision
• Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings
• Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
• Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, and Improvements
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.