Just like our products, the people who work at Frontgate are full of life. They warmly welcome and entertain our Guests into our stores and are confident, thoughtful and at ease in their approach to providing the best service in the industry.
Sales Associate Primary Responsibilities
• Service first mindset and ability to thrive in an environment that is focused on enhancing the overall in-store Guest experience as the Ultimate Concierge for the brand.
• Welcomes, entertains and hosts our Guest and is knowledgeable on current trends in the industry.
• Build Guest loyalty through in-store programs
• Provide Guests with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available at Frontgate.
• Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve daily, weekly and monthly store metrics.
• Contribute in all aspects of store maintenance and merchandising: assist in maintaining a clean, organized and easy to shop sales floor.
• Follow company policies and guidelines for signage, visual display, and merchandise placement to maximize sales, ensure safety and minimize shrinkage.
• Assist in handling merchandise stock, proper ticketing of merchandise and participate in physical inventory activities.
• Keep up to date on the technical aspects and resources available to serve the needs of the customers effectively.
• Provide a quick and efficient professional check out experience for our Guests.
*This position description is intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
• 2+ years of specialty retail sales experience
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening
• Computer skills, including point of sale software, internet based programs and previous cash handling required
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
• Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business
Frontgate is a leading home luxury multichannel retailer with catalog, ecommerce and retail operations. Frontgate stands for Grand Living. Meaning homes that are grand in spirit … generous, welcoming, beautifully appointed. Comfortable homes, infused with touches of luxury and ease.