Assistant Store Manager - CharlotteJob ID 0819293
Just like our products, the people who work at Frontgate are full of life. They warmly welcome and entertain our Guests into our stores and are confident, thoughtful and at ease in their approach to providing the best service in the industry.
Our Assistant Store Manager creates the Grand Living experience for our Guests. They develop the best talent in the industry. They provide personalized design services and tell the story of our brand through compelling product presentation. The Assistant Store Manager supports the General Manager to be the voice of Frontgate in the community. They host events that bring the Grand Living Experience to life for our Guests. They are business savvy, consistently achieving sales and profit targets through passionate, service minded teams. They are empowered to act as a business partner with the corporate office and support the vision and execution for future store openings.
- Actively network, interview, select and on-board top talent.
- Train and motivate a team of associates through on-going programs in sales, Guest services and product knowledge.
- Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and 'Division of Responsibility' assignments.
- Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all
associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Model exemplary service and ensure direct reports perform effective floor leadership activities to drive sales while maintaining extraordinary customer service and visual presentation.
- Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
- Drive sales and build Guest loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, Design Solution events, credit card, and community outreach.
- Execute visual direction with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategize, develop and execute in-store events and source
partnerships within the industry to build brand recognition.
- Build positive working relationships with General Manager, store team and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Manage payroll to maximize productivity and achieve sales/payroll goals.
- Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify
strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current
and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the
future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own
behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business
objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable
for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 5 years management experience in specialty retail; home furnishing background preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings.
Frontgate is a leading home luxury multichannel retailer with catalog, ecommerce and retail operations. Frontgate stands for Grand Living. Meaning homes that are grand in spirit … generous, welcoming, beautifully appointed. Comfortable homes, infused with touches of luxury and ease.