Operations ManagerJob ID R38782
Job Description Details
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders. As an Operations Manager, you will focus on delivering operational excellence to grow business. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experience. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
The Operations Manger Position
- Perform a variety of operational activities including, but are not limited to; scheduling, inventory management, backroom organization & store maintenance
- Work collaboratively together on floorsets and continual replenishment of inventory to create an extraordinary guest experience
- Ensure Brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Support the integrity of the store inventory through proper execution of inventory management policies
- Assure the quality and condition of new merchandise meets company standards
- Ensure the merchandise received matches manifests and/or inventory transfer reports
- Prepare shipments of outgoing merchandise and/or transfers
- Maintain supply levels and communicate needs to Store Manager
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Strong understanding of ‘Division of Responsibility’ alignment, competent in merchandise flow processes, including inspecting and receiving new merchandise and enter data into inventory management system
- Be accountable for delivering quality Stock Associate training and development of product knowledge and embrace the Ballard experience
- Manage the performance of Stock Associates and consistently provide feedback and coaching in the moment
- Inspire engagement to create an environment where all Stock Associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
- Effectively model strong leadership activities to drive results; ensure engagement among team represents the Ballard experience
- Assure all back areas meet company standards of cleanliness and a safe work environment
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
Leader & Team Builder—Develops, and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals and leadership development to support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results. Embraces teamwork and monitors the continued leadership excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always staying focused on top priorities.
Results-Driven--Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator—Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring --Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently expects accountability from the team. Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions employee engagement and holds leaders responsible for the engagement of their teams.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of shipping and receiving management experience in specialty retail industry, but not required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Taleo, Kronos and POS Systems
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Previous experience leading and developing successful teams
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously
- Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.