Part Time Sales AssociateJob ID R37190
Job Description Details
Ballard Designs is a fast paced and exciting retailer with over 20 years of successful direct marketing experience through our catalog, website and now retail. If you’re interested in being a part of something new and exciting, we hope to hear from you soon.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Frontgate, Garnet Hill and Grandin Road.
The Stock Associate will be responsible for all stock room functions for the store, including receiving and checking in all new shipments and transfers. They will assist the Store Manager and Receiving Manager in ensuring the accuracy of the store inventory. In addition, the Stock Associate will prepare merchandise for the floor and work along with the retail floor team to ensure proper placement.
Specific Function will include, but is not limited to:
- Check in new merchandise
- Inspect the quality and condition of new merchandise
- Ensure the merchandise received matches the quantity ordered
- Preparation and shipment of outgoing merchandise and transfers
- Prepare merchandise for the selling floor
- Maintain Stockroom standards and cleanliness
- Maintain all back areas, offices and stockrooms to standard and cleanliness
- Maintain supply levels and communicate needs to Store Manager
- Maintain all lighting in the store
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of the store and store fixtures
- Facilitate the customer experience by providing quick and friendly service
- Provide carry-out assistance for Ballard Designs customers
- Participate in store inventory
- 1 – 2 years of shipping and receiving, or stockroom experience
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, as well as weekends and holidays if needed
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.