Store Associate Manager - DallasJob ID 0819262
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders. As Associate Store Manager, you will focus on hiring, elevating and retaining great talent that will deliver an inspiring shopping experience in which our guest feels inspired and empowered to customize their space. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously
- Effectively model strong floor leadership activities to drive results; ensure guest are engaged and visual presentation represents the Ballard experience at all times
- Strong understanding of ‘Division of Responsibility’ alignment, competent in both guest experiences and visual presentation and can demonstrate behaviors effectively
- Ensure Brand and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results
- Maintain correct census and staffing levels to meet the needs of the store
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies and procedures including HR policies and legal requirements
- Build positive working relationships with the Store Manager, store team and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and practices
- Manage payroll to maximize productivity and achieve sale/payroll goals
- Provide strong leadership to the team to execute sales generation and operational/human resources functions in the store in an effort to ensure customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability, and execution with company procedures
- Actively network, interview, hire and on-board top talent
- Be accountable for delivering quality Sales Associate training that includes the development of product knowledge, understanding of key characteristics and the benefits of a unique product assortment
- Manage the performance of Sales Associates; consistently provide feedback and in-the-moment coaching
- Inspire engagement to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect
- Educate team to build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, private label credit card, and community outreach programs
Leader & Team Builder--Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals and leadership development to support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results. Embraces teamwork and monitors the continued leadership excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always staying focused on top priorities.
Results-Driven--Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator—Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring --Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently expects accountability with the leadership team and demonstrates this level of expectation with the Associates. Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions employee engagement and holds leaders responsible for the engagement of their teams.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of management experience in specialty retail industry, but not required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Taleo, Kronos and POS Systems
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business