Associate Technical DesignerJob ID 0819356
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Associate Technical Designer will work closely with the Technical Designers in the execution of the technical development of Garnet Hill’s private-label programs to ensure that product specification, fit and constructions meet Garnet Hill’s quality standards.
- Work closely with Technical Designers to translate product concepts into technical drawings
- Produce thorough and accurate technical drawings, construction instructions, packaging and labeling specifications
- Partner with Technical Designers in the review of branded/developed samples for fit and construction
- Assist in the preparation for review of return rates each season to identify issues and revise product specifications accordingly
- Communicate closely with vendors and factories to promote strong working relationships
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in a technical design position
- 3+ years technical design experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting and sewingNice to Haves
- Proven success within a leading upscale fashion manufacturer or retailer
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in pattern making
Why Garnet Hill?
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally. ™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com, and its Franconia Outlet store.
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program