Associate Technical DesignerJob ID R819356
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally.™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com and its Outlet store.
Job Description Details
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Assistant Technical Designer will work closely with the Technical Designers to assist in the
execution of the technical development of Garnet Hill’s private-label programs to ensure that
product specification, fit and constructions meet Garnet Hill’s quality standards.
- Assist in measuring samples and making fit and/or construction comments for samples
- Partner with Technical Designers in the review of branded/developed samples for fit and construction
- Assist in the preparation for review of return rates each season to identify issues and revise product specifications accordingly
- Review top of production samples with Technical Designers for private label and branded items and communicate concerns
- Communicate closely with vendors and factories to promote strong working relationships
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in a technical design position
- 1+ years technical design experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting and sewing
Nice to Haves
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proven success within a leading upscale fashion manufacturer or retailer
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in pattern making
Why Garnet Hill?
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.