Technical Designer HomeJob ID 0818944
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Technical Designer will execute the technical development of Garnet Hill’s private-label programs, working closely with the designers, merchants, and manufacturers to ensure that product specification, fit, and construction meet Garnet Hill’s quality standards.
- Work closely with design in order to translate product concepts into technical drawings
- Produce thorough and accurate technical drawings and specification packets
- Assume responsibility for all technical aspects of the product development process
- Review all photo samples for fit and construction and provide feedback on discrepancies
- Communicate closely with vendors and factories to promote strong working relationships
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- 5+ years technical design experience
- Strong working experience and knowledge of product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting, and sewing
- Proficiency in pattern making
- Textile Science experience/knowledgeNice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Factory experience/exposure
- Knowledge of footwear and accessories
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and web-based PLM systems
- Interest in continual growth and development in related areas
Why Garnet Hill?
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally.™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com, and its Franconia, NH store.
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program