Technical DesignerJob ID R819442
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally.™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com and its Outlet store.
Job Description Details
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Technical Designer will execute the technical development of Garnet Hill’s private-label programs, working closely with the designers, merchants, and manufacturers to ensure that product specification, fit, and construction meet Garnet Hill’s quality standards.
- Work closely with design in order to translate product concepts into technical drawings
- Produce thorough and accurate technical drawings and specification packets
- Assume responsibility for all technical aspects of the product development process
- Review all photo samples for fit and construction and provide feedback on discrepancies
- Communicate closely with vendors and factories to promote strong working relationships
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- 5+ years technical design experience
- Strong working experience and knowledge of product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting, and sewing
- Proficiency in pattern making
- Textile Science experience/knowledge
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Factory experience/exposure
- Knowledge of footwear and accessories
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and web-based PLM systems
- Interest in continual growth and development in related areas
Why Garnet Hill?
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.