Direct Marketing SpecialistJob ID 0817973
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Direct Marketing Specialist will assist the Director of Circulation and Marketing in the execution and analysis of direct mail marketing, circulation planning, demand planning, and budget management for a
multi-title, Omni-channel business.
multi-title, Omni-channel business.
- Develop, manage, and communicate marketing schedules and catalog specifications including but not limited to mailing dates, merge/purge schedules, tactical documents for each drop, and print (bindery) specifications; acting as a liaison with outside vendors and internal teams
- Maintain and update all merge and mail files in preparation for each catalog and print mailing
- Partner with the Director of Circulation and Marketing to develop and maintain demand budgets and the monthly reforecasting process
- Ensure mail and customer file generation and the transfer of that data arrives in a timely and accurate manner with all external vendors
- Audit and approve mail counts and ink-jet simulations for each mailing
- Assist in communications/management process flow for external list purchases and exchanges
- Develop and maintain catalog cost budgets; Providing new costs as specifications change and tracking actual costs verses forecast to communicate on an as needed basis
- Assist in workflow of catalog request program
- Assist with data model score transfers and audits
- Partner with Cornerstone Brands to cross-pollinate key learnings and assist in projects as necessary
- Provide initial approvals for Marketing invoices to ensure accuracy; maintain invoice database and work with Finance to ensure invoices are correct and paid on timeKeys to SuccessAt Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!Must Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Finance or related work experience
- 2+ years in direct marketing or circulation planning
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are essential
- Expert knowledge of Excel is a must
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and project management skill
- Detailed-oriented mind-set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to react to a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a multi-channel retail environment
Why Garnet Hill?
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally.™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com, and its Bridgehampton, NY store.
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program