Staff AccountantJob ID 0819408
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of this dynamic team that supports all aspects of our business and is integral in ensuring Garnet Hill exceeds the expectations of our customers everyday!
A Day in the Life
The Staff Accountant is responsible for overall general ledger and financial statement preparation,
including timely and accurate bank reconciliation, account analysis, and accrual calculation.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare account summaries and research variances from budgeted expense
- Perform timely and accurate bank statement reconciliation for multiple bank accounts
- Manage sales tax collection, reporting and reconciliation
- Work with Finance team to produce federal and state tax packages for the corporate office
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in accounting (GAAP), account analysis and reporting
- Strong computer experience, specifically Microsoft Excel and Accounting software
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skillsNice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounting field or equivalent preferred
Why Garnet Hill?
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally. ™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com, and its Franconia Outlet store.
Garnet Hill’s headquarters is located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, with an additional expanded office along the Seacoast.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program