Temporary Design Assistant - Apparel MerchandisingJob ID R43915
Job Description Details
How to Apply
Please click on the “Apply” link and submit your resume’ with portfolio link!
A Day in the Life
The Design Assistant will support the Design Team on a temporary basis with the execution of all aspects of Garnet Hill’s private label design and development process.
- Digitally create and maintain the seasonal design visuals representing all developed products with accuracy.
- Ensure all artwork is prepared in a production feasible way then build and send clear callout directions for the factories to follow.
- Assist Designers in print, embroidery and other artwork CAD execution and development.
- Assist Designers in maintaining organized file and factory submission record keeping including but not limited to; digital files, strike offs, color lab dips. Document the approval status of each.
- Create and maintain pantone color boards detailing our seasonal palette.
Keys to Success
At Garnet Hill, our employees are creative, hardworking, fun loving, and absolutely passionate about what they do. We pride ourselves in our entrepreneurial spirit and, like our customers, enjoy achievement, family, and a fully satisfying life!
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- Ability to create detailed fashion illustrations for tech pack creation
- Basic knowledge of garment construction and fabrics
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
Why Garnet Hill?
Drawing on inspiration from around the world, Garnet Hill creates unique apparel and home furnishings that can be described in two simple words: Beautiful, Naturally.™ Beautiful design and natural fibers are hallmarks of the company, which was founded in 1976 as an importer of English flannel sheets. It has grown into a destination for discerning customers everywhere, and is a multichannel marketer offering the merchandise it designs and curates for women, kids and home through catalogs, garnethill.com, and its Bridgehampton, NY store.
Teamwork is not a catch-phrase at Garnet Hill; it is a lifestyle. It is who we are. Committed as a team, we continue to provide the highest quality and service to our customers and suppliers. We conduct our business with a set of core values that include integrity, respect, creativity, kindness, innovation and excellence.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.