Senior Design ConsultantJob ID R40504
Job Description Details
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders. As Senior Design Consultant, you will be the cheerleader for the Design Consultant team. You will be an advocate of customer engagement, delivering a shopping experience in which our guest feel inspired and empowered to customize their space. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure the team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
The Senior Design Consultant Position
- Understand the design industry and our Design Solutions business acumen
- Coordinate needs, present solutions and alternatives to individual guest that are seeking design expertise. This encounter should culminate in sales growth within the market
- Provide design expertise for scheduled appointments, virtual appointments and “on-demand” design time
- In partnership with the corporate retail team, facilitate the store presentation of the Ballard Designs swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization, as well as provide viable solutions to elevate the overall customer experience while working with upholstery
- Proactively identify and network with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from Design Solutions services and provide them with DS marketing materials.
- Manage the execution of promotional marketing strategy to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business
- Coordinate and host customer outreach events and design classes with the partnership of the corporate retail team
- Partner with the Store Manager to strategically plan on how to Meet monthly design services sales goals
- Partner with the Store Manager to meet varying time requirements for all aspects of the Design Solutions program focusing on an organized and efficient DS work flow
- Support the retail store team in varied store responsibilities, including (but not limited to), order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and performance standards.
- Partner with the Store Management team, train the team by communicating ever inspiring product knowledge and customer experience behaviors.
- Manage the success of the store Design Consultant team, monitor and support the execution of Decorating Dilemmas for our blog readers, evaluate the quality of design work executed by each Consultant, and provide on-going performance feedback.
- Employ the ability to coach the Design Solutions team in the program processes, computer resources and necessary improvements to ensure an elevated customer experience.
- Hold regular strategy meetings with Design Consultant team
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
Leader & Team Builder - Develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success. Embraces teamwork and excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always staying focused on top priorities.
Results-Driven - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator - Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and guest. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring - Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability – Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions Associate engagement.
- College degree with focus on interior design preferred and/or equivalent job experience
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years’ experience in interior design, consultation and event planning
- Provide a design portfolio or clear examples of recent projects
- Strong space planning skills and basic working knowledge of spacial relationships
- Employ basic drafting skills with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and basic floor plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends, colors and special planning
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support our ever-expanding retail market
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.