Design Consultant - FT - King of PrussiaJob ID R818875
Job Description Details
- Understand the design industry and our Design Solutions (DS) business acumen
- Coordinate needs, present solutions and alternatives to individual guest that are seeking design expertise. This encounter should culminate in sales growth within the market
- Provide design expertise for scheduled appointments, virtual appointments and during “on-demand” design time
- Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, Ballard Designs private label credit card, and community outreach programs
- In partnership with the corporate retail team, facilitate the store presentation of the Ballard Designs swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization, as well as provide viable solutions to elevate the overall customer experience while working with upholstery
- Proactively identify and network with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from Design Solutions services and provide them with DS marketing materials.
- Partner with the Design Solutions team to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business
- Coordinate and host customer outreach events and design classes with the partnership of the corporate retail team.
- Work directly with the Store Manager and Senior Design Consultant to meet varying time requirements for all aspects of the Design Solutions program for the goal of an organized and efficient DS work flow
- Support the retail store team in varied responsibilities, including (but not limited to), order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and standards, and product training activities
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focus on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree with focus on interior design preferred and/or equivalent job experience
- The ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 year’s experience in interior design, consultation and event planning
- Provide a design portfolio or clear examples of recent projects
- Strong space planning skills
- Employ basic drafting skills with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and basic floor plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends, colors and special planning
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support our ever-expanding retail market
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.