Visual Sales Lead - King of PrussiaJob ID 0818942
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring the best leaders. As the Visual Lead you will deliver excellence in guest experience through visual presentation and standard, delivering an inspiring shopping experience in which our guest feel inspired and empowered to customize their space. You will champion the Ballard Designs brand at every guest encounter and ensure your stellar team exemplifies brand values, standards and experiences. The dynamic energy from your leadership will drive company initiatives, increase sales and set your store to exceed all expectations.
Visual Lead Position
- Deliver excellent customer service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for customers and co-workers
- Ensure Brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of company visual merchandising standards and concepts
- Collaborate with management team in sell down strategy and substitutions
- Utilize applicable reporting tools to manage inventory levels and evaluate merchandising needs
- Work collaboratively together on floorsets, window display planning and continual replenishment of inventory to create an extraordinary guest experience
- Serve as sales supervisor and oversee daily activities, as scheduled by management to ensure proper floor coverage and goal awareness
- Provide actionable and specific performance feedback to the management team based on observation of the store team
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies
- Responsible for marketing execution and sign kit organization
- Identify visual merchandising training opportunities
Leader & Team Builder - Develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success. Embraces teamwork and excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always staying focused on top priorities.
Results-Driven - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator - Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring - Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability - Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions employee engagement.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- 1-3 years of experience in specialty retail industry, but not required
- Excellent communications, delegations, follow-up and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to function in a team setting and show sound judgment in managing a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights for floorset execution
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business