Custodian - Monroe, OhioJob ID R41648
Custodian - Monroe, Ohio
Job Description Details
To provide a wide variety of cleaning services to ensure all areas of the Distribution Center are maintained at established sanitary standards. This position will provide a clean working environment for all staff and visitors, ensuring all areas are safe and have an aesthetically pleasing appearance at our Monroe Distribution Center.
- Sweep floors in distribution center including under conveyors, work stations and rack areas.
- Operate floor scrubber in the aisles and open floor areas. Wet mops areas not accessible to floor scrubber.
- Dust (and wipe clean as needed) railings, bollards, stanchions, storage rack, conveyor equipment, dock doors and other hard surfaces in the distribution center.
- Perform “high cleaning” on windows in high spots along walls up to 34 feet high through the use of a scissor lift
- Wash walls, doors and windows where needed.
- Assist with removal of scrap corrugated cardboard and trash from assigned process areas.
- Collect, organize and stack wooden pallets for reuse or load for disposal as appropriate.
- Remove trash/debris from dock areas.
- Maintain exterior grounds, includes sweeping debris and litter.
- Scrape floor tape and labels from floor as needed. Re-applies floor tape as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Reallocation of pallets within racks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Able and willing to work effectively on own and/or with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must demonstrate reliable attendance
- Ability to learn and follow company established safety policies/procedures and work processes.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed, including weekends.
- Ability to respond and react to both oral and written work direction.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to cross train and work in other operations (picking, packing, shipping, receiving, etc).
- Ability to operate or learn to operate the powered equipment required for the position (floor scrubber, scissor lift, all PIT).
- Ability to work in an environment with moderate variations in temperature.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- The ability to continuously bend, crouch, and kneel as needed.
- Continual reaching with hands/fingers/arms during the shift.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work from a scissor lift at elevated heights up to a lift platform height of 32 feet.
- Ability to climb and work from step ladders.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.