Monogram SpecialistJob ID R38352
Job Description Details
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring not only the best leaders but also hiring a stellar team. As Monogramming Specialist, you will embrace and promote the Ballard brand delivering an outstanding guest experience while performing high quality embroidered designs for various types of products ensuring guest orders are completed in a timely manner while maintaining the quality and performance standards set by Ballard Designs.
The Monogramming Specialist Position
- Deliver excellent guest service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for guests and team members
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings
- Provide guests with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available through Ballard Designs
- Inspects product visually for defects prior to embroidering
- Review customer order specification information to ensure projects are accurately completed to guest specifications
- Prepares product for customization and setting up embroidery machinery to perform specified customization
- Monitors embroidery machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions
- Completes daily basic machine maintenance such as oiling and tension adjustments
- One must have basic computer skills and knowledge of the industry
- With the guidance of the Supervisor, one will perform daily duties and ensure project needs are met in a timely and profitable manner
- Must make sure the workstation is clean and organized everyday
- Engage in store meetings, trainings and activities to elevate the overall guest experience by sharing the relevant information
- Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve the goals of the store and Ballard Designs
- Keep up to date on the technical aspects and resources available to serve the needs of the guests effectively
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including guest interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- 1-2 years of specialty retail sales experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment and meet the quality and performance standards of the position
- Ability to differentiate colors of embroidery threads
- Ability to speak, read and understand English
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
- Team player, willing to work in other areas of the operation as needed
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently following established guidelines, processes and procedures
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
- Computer skills, including point of sale software, internet based programs and previous cash handling required
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to work in an environment with moderate variations in temperature
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.