Stock Specialist - Oak BrookJob ID 0818965
The people who work at Ballard Designs are passionate about creating a destination for aspiring and professional decorators alike. Like a good friend with great taste, they welcome all who visit with warmth and genuine enthusiasm and showcase all the ingredients for the guest to turn their ideas into reality. The passion for our brand is demonstrated through every experience created as we strive to give our guest the inspiration she needs to shape her plans.
With over 30 successful years as a direct marketer of globally inspired home furnishings, Ballard Designs is rapidly expanding through our retail and e-commerce divisions. To support this exciting growth, we are seeking high-energy, motivated, team-oriented individuals to join our retail team. If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you!
Our retail expansion in key markets starts with hiring not only the best leaders but also hiring a stellar team. As Stock Specialist, you must be well-organized, reliable and possess strong general repair skills and experience with electrical systems/equipment. The Specialist will execute all necessary lighting suspension and maintenance, including bulb replacement, while also performing all other stock room functions. This includes receiving and checking in all new shipments and transfers and assisting the Store and Operations Managers in ensuring the accuracy of the store’s inventory. The Stock Specialist must have a thorough understanding of current safety guidelines, be able to identify and report needs for lighting and equipment repairs, prepare merchandise for the floor and work as a team to ensure proper placement.
- Deliver excellent customer service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for customers and co-workers
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings
- Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve the goals of the store and Ballard Designs
- Contribute in all aspects of store maintenance and assist in maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Perform a variety of operational activities which include but are not limited to processing, labeling and assembly of merchandise
- Ensure inventory control and accuracy by following proper procedures and best practice
- Work collaboratively on floorsets and continual replenishment of inventory to create an extraordinary guest experience
- Identify and investigate potential and current problems as well as find and implement solutions
- Preparation and shipment of outgoing merchandise and transfers
- Maintain supply levels and communicate needs to Store Manager
- Maintain all lighting in the store
- Participate in store inventory
- All other related projects/duties as assigned by Store Leadership team
Collaborative & Inspiring – Has a company mindset and works for the good of the whole team. Embraces teamwork and achieving excellence together. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Communicates clearly and open to new ideas.
Delivers Accountability – Consistently meets and exceeds goals. Makes sound decisions and uses good judgment to drive for results. Maintains focus on top priorities. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
Embraces Diversity of Thought – Open to diversity of thought and style. Understands cultural identity and works productively on diverse teams. Contributes to an inclusive work environment where everyone can be themselves and develop to their full potential.
Strong Communicator— Communicates clearly and effectively to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively in a variety of settings including customer interaction, one-on-one and team settings.
Stays Curious – Looks for new ways to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- 1-2 years of shipping and receiving or stock room experience
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening
- Must have a keen eye for details
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items up to 75lbs
- Ability to follow instructions on blueprints/diagrams/technical drawings for product assembly
- Physical stamina and an ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business