AccountantJob ID 0819028
Business Unit Summary
This position will be responsible for accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting while providing analysis and partnership to assist departments in financial performance.
A Day in the Life
•Coordinate the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate accounting.
•Ensure journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
•Complete proper analysis to ensure that expenditures, profit and balance sheet are properly stated.
•Ensure that accounting controls are adequate and functioning properly by recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
•Develop broad business knowledge as well as specific knowledge and relationships with multiple business units in order to better understand their budgets/forecasts and recommend potential cost savings opportunities.
•Analyze and prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies and procedures (including control deadlines)
•Build, maintain and distribute daily, monthly, and quarterly financial reports with a focus on improved insight into business issues and optimization of reporting processes.
•Participate in forecast and budget preparation, using strong analytical skills to develop insightful revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget/forecast levels while developing adequate reporting to ensure accountability to budgets/forecasts.
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
• 2 to 5 years strong experience with month end close, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
• Strong work ethic; willing to work to ensure deadlines are met.
• Strong consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with various levels of management
• Intermediate experience at Excel required
• Ability to manage processes and projects with minimal direction.
• Self-motivated, positive attitude and an intellectual curiosity to investigate variance issues.
• Possesses a keen attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to be a team-player while using initiative and persistence to get results.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to adapt to shifting and competing priorities
• Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores.
The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
Follow Cornerstone Careers on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cornerstonecareers.net. To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com/cornerstone-careers.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.