Assistant MerchantJob ID 0819267
The Assistant Merchant’s primary responsibility is to support the Merchandising team in maintaining accurate, detailed information necessary for daily business decision-making.
- Obtains all needed information to complete and process accurate paperwork internally: new vendor information forms, new product information forms, turnover forms, etc.
- Enters data and manages product spreadsheets (MAPS) daily, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information, maintaining data integrity, and communicating changes to all necessary parties, internally and externally, in a timely manner.
- Prepares and distributes requested reports: drop lists, new item lists, etc.
- Maintains historical data on proprietary, branded, and exclusive products.
- Orders, tracks, and manages product samples for product reviews, creative turnover, and photography, processes sample invoices, and maintains sample room organization.
- Prepare detailed paperwork for creative turnovers.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage processes and projects with direction.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Demonstrates a passion for Retail.
- Ability to push, pull, lift a minimum of 25lbs