Associate MerchantJob ID 0819067
The Associate Merchant is primarily responsible for the management of daily business operations and the lifecycle of the products.
- Communicates accurate and up-to-date information regarding product selection in a timely manner.
- Assists in catalog production and observing production timelines.
- Manages active vendor relationships and issues including product testing, quality, and vendor compliance and maintains accurate vendor information records.
- Manages and tracks merchandising allowances, vendor debits, etc.
- Performs sales and returns analysis and manages inventory issues including liquidations and returns in order to maintain fluid movement of products throughout their lifecycle.
- Becomes knowledgeable about market trends and competitor’s products; could attend domestic trade shows, as applicable.
- Develops understanding of building competitive merchandise assortment aligned with our customer needs and brand positioning.
- Build an understanding of retail math, merchandise driven financials and their applications.
- Grow knowledge of product development, sourcing and quality.
- Develops merchant skills by taking on a sub-category of merchandising responsibility, as applicable.
- Executes tasks/responsibilities of Assistant Merchant as applicable or as needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years merchandising experience with demonstrable success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage processes and projects with minimal direction.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows leadership and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 25lbs