Senior Director Human ResourcesJob ID 0819306
The Sr. Director, Human Resources is the strategic HR partner to the Presidents of Frontgate and Grandin Road, and business unit leaders across CINMAR. S/he provides guidance and coaching to these leaders in building and developing their organizations in support and implementation of company initiatives. Through strategic leadership, this role is responsible for working with leaders in creating and integrating talent management initiatives in order to impact business performance and grow talent. This individual is also responsible for overseeing and actively leading the company’s talent acquisition strategy and execution in order to keep pace with the growing needs of the business. Must have a natural ability to build credibility with and influence cross functional partners to achieve goals, maximize resources and drive results through people. Must have proven ability to work as an integral member of an executive team and work productively as a member of an extended corporate HR function.
Day in the Life
- Partners strategically with the Frontgate and Grandin Road Presidents and business leaders to accurately assess and plan business and talent priorities.
- Oversee both the strategic and tactical elements of Human Resources management for the Frontgate Retail stores (currently 6 stores). Lead strategy development and support for the retail networks, developing and executing plans for new store launches from an HR perspective, organization design, team member relations, etc. Oversee the HR Business Partner responsible for HR delivery across the retail outlets.
- Able to assist leaders in making decisions about people and the business that are right and not necessarily the easiest choices.
- Develops and implements retention strategies that maximize existing talent and supports the acquisition of future talent.
- Develops and leads strategies to create a strong sense of organizational culture in order to support engagement and retention of employees across all functional groups.
- Cultivates organizational practices that support positive relationships between leadership and employees and promote a high level of motivation and performance.
- Regularly assesses and reports out on employee morale with a focus on continuous improvement; constantly seeking opportunities to better support employees and foster their professional development and engagement.
- Ties performance management closely with talent planning and career development to create a holistic approach to improve employee and company performance.
- Assists and coaches leaders in the development of performance improvement plans as necessary and supports difficult discussions.
- Consults on organizational design and ensures that roles are clearly scoped and accurately situated within the overall organizational structure.
- Serves as a valued partner within the HR team and leverages key relationships within CBI HR Community as well as HSN including: Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Legal teams.
- Oversees transactional HR functions, serving as a thought partner to internal partners and business leaders.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws, industry trends and developments regarding HR that may affect the business and advises management and employees accordingly.
- Provides solid guidance in employee relations and compliance related issues and analyses trends in order to develop short term interventions and long term solutions as needed.
- Anticipates future needs and plans accordingly by demonstrating the ability to handle change in a creative and effective manner.
- Works with business unit leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment consistent with our company values and culture.
- Serves as a mentor and role model to junior HR team member(s) and serves as integral member of CBI HR team.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in generalist HR roles with prior experience leading teams.
- Proven track record of helping high-growth organizations scale and build talent.
- Ability to think strategically and build systems and processes for long-term success.
- Ability to analyze business trends and demonstrate functional knowledge of business metrics.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills suited to multiple key interactions with employees across all levels.
- Proven ability to partner across lines of business and within a multidisciplined HR organization.
- Able to clearly and soundly articulate a point of view and garner support for ideas and initiatives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow through and analytical skills.
- Well versed in HR best practices and trends in performance management, engagement, etc.
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 10+ years of professional HR experience with 3-5 years in senior Human Resources position
- Prior HR leadership experience within a rapidly growing organization with need to balance day to day responsibilities with long term strategies
- Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive level management
- Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
- Strong foundation and experience in Talent Acquisition at all levels
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.