Senior Microsoft .net Developer / AnalystJob ID 0819045
This role will be responsible for building/maintaining .NET applications using VB.NET/ASP.NET languages and technologies. The role will also be responsible for developing backend database layers using the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server. The senior developer will analyze and translate business requirements into technical specifications, design and develop multi-tier distributed applications in a Windows/Internet environment, accurately document and present system designs, coordinate with other IT groups to deliver projects, test and debug applications and identify and resolve defects. DSS systems are built using the latest Microsoft .VB.NET, ASP.NET and SQL Server technologies following best practices with a focus on scalability, maintainability and reuse.
- Translate business requirements into development activities
- Work with business users to clarify requirements
- Create and document system designs using standard software design patterns
- Implement high quality, secure and maintainable code that conforms to DSS coding standards
- Develop applications using standard software design patterns and best practices
- Coordinate with other teams to facilitate the build, deployment, configuration and support of applications.
- Test and debug applications using both coded and manually executed test cases.
- Clearly communicate status and open issues to team and manager.
- Provide technical leadership and work effectively within a team environment to implement projects in a timely manner.
- 6+ years VB.NET/ASP.NET experience in software development required.
- 6+ years MS SQL Server skills.
- Some experience with the Kimball data warehouse methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required
- Some experience/knowledge with Big Data is a plus.
- Knowledge of Direct Marketing principles.