SQL ProgrammerJob ID 0819149
The role of the Marketing Services Programmer is to support the Marketing team where additional technical expertise is required. This can range from executing customer merges in our Pitney Bowes software, creating data extensions for triggered emails in the Sales Force Marketing Cloud, customer database analysis in SQL Server, helping support users with Power BI reporting and other technical needs as they arise. SQL is used in support of most processes performed in the role so a solid grasp of SQL is required. Currently we are using SQL 2014 and higher.
The Marketing Services Department works closely with business users who are constantly generating new ideas. The developer needs to maintain flexibility, proper audits and quality control checks throughout all processes.
- Take ownership of the merge life cycle for a Cornerstone Brand.
- Understand and run existing stored procedures and write new SQL code for each mailing using instructions from the business users. Perform ad-hoc queries as requested.
- Using SSIS and FTP to import and export files (ETL) will be a large part of this role.
- Become proficient in the Pitney Bowes postal software we use to standardize mailing addresses, match, and remove duplicates.
- Assist in complex data manipulation (such as transactional emails) and processes (such as imports, queries, automations)
- Create data extensions, support amp script/html, personalization for emails
- Understand the data available in Ecometry (backend system) and the DW and how it can be applied to Marketing tasks
- Maintain the highest level of quality control in order to deliver an accurate product to our customers (internal and external). Communication with our Circulation team on questions, issues, and follow-up. High level of Multi-tasking throughout the merge production schedule.
- Understand and maintain the production schedule for the assigned brand. Manage daily work flow of merge cycles to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Support continual cross-train initiatives to keep team proficient in all brand cycles to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Take ownership of additional tasks that support the merge processes, Email Marketing support, customer analysis, Power BI training and other departmental responsibilities. Maintain documentation associated with assigned responsibilities.
- 1 to 3 years experience in relational database packages such as MS SQL Server. Must have hands-on knowledge of the SQL language, possess the ability to code and test SQL queries. Must know how to create and maintain SQL tables and other SQL objects.
- Sales Force Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) Email Technical Expertise a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce very accurate work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Perform as a self-starter and be able to complete project work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience with address list management, direct mail, catalog mailings preferred.
- Knowledge of Direct Marketing/Email Marketing/Circulation is a plus.
- Experience using Pitney Bowes Products (Spectrum, Verimove, Code-1, Merge/Purge) or Sales Force Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) is a plus.
- BS degree or equivalent work experience required