Sr Warehouse Systems Business AnalystJob ID 0819159
Sr Business Analyst
The individual who fills this position will participate in implementing new software solutions within the Warehouse Management Systems IT group. The candidate will collect and document business requirements, and assist in the definition and design phases of projects to implement within the Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management / iSeries technology for the HSNi fulfillment network.
The successful candidate will combine both systems development lifecycle knowledge and requirements gathering experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing project plans, drafting technical specifications from business requirements, working closely with programmers on design, developing and executing test scripts, developing training material, and obtaining business approval for completed projects.
A Day in the Life
•Create requirements definition documentation and functional specifications to capture business needs.
•Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
•Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
•Prepare written test plans and document test results.
•Participate or lead training on business functionality for system end users.
•Maintain and coordinate business priorities.
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• At least 5 years of experience in Supply Chain / Distribution systems and knowledge about the relevant software (Manhattan PkMS strongly preferred).
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of technical experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Tools (e.g. Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and Outlook).
• Highly experienced in laying out Process flows and Workflow diagrams.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work cooperatively with business partners and project teams to get issues resolved quickly.
• Systems-oriented and a self-motivated learner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and listen effectively to others.
• Familiarity with multiple technologies, business analysis tools, development methods and systems, and relevant programming languages.
• Able to understand complex business processes and document them in a logical and comprehensible manner.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good communication skills.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves’”)
Nice to Haves
• Experience with other Retail software packages for areas such as Order Management, Point of Sale, and Merchandising.
• Technical experience in Digital / Ecommerce.
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores.
The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
Follow Cornerstone Careers on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cornerstonecareers.net. To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com/cornerstone-careers.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.