Human Resources Generalist ( HR Business Partner )Job ID R41004
Job Description Details
Cornerstone Brands/Cornerstone Service’s People and Organization (HR) Team focuses on providing a broad spectrum of HR services including employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, program roll-outs, and project management. The People and Organization Partner, in conjunction with their cross functional HR partners, work with business leaders to translate the company's business goals into talent solutions.
A Day in the Life
The person in this role will engage with Operations Leaders and Team Members as a partner and expert to understand the people, organizational, talent and development needs, and partner with HR specialist teams to bring proactive solutions to the client.
- Lead talent acquisition efforts to fill Team Member and Leader positions.
- Manage a variety of complex Team Member relations issues in a fast paced environment including conducting investigations as needed. This may include: employee concerns, crisis management, corrective action, and dispute resolution.
- Identify, lead or partner on projects for the business which enables organizational success, such as policy changes, wage and career path projects, team building, performance management, retention initiatives and team member engagement.
- Coordinate with other Human Resources functions to support overall HR services and initiatives.
- Work with Operations Leaders to ensure compliance with Company policies, best practices and federal & state laws.
- Consult with Operations Leaders on organizational structure and compensation changes including organization changes, promotions, demotions, adjustments and reductions in force. Partner with appropriate HR resources on implementation of plans.
- Provide coaching and counseling to Leaders and Team Members on how to improve individual performance. Review and provide feedback on Performance Development Plans. Coach leaders on performance management.
- Identify behavioral change strategies including training and reinforcement.
- Partner or lead internal HR projects focused on process improvement, policy revision, process documentation and other projects as needed.
Keys to Success
At CBI/CSI, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BA/BS required
- 3 years experience as an HR Business Partner/ Generalist or Employee Relations
- Talent Acquisition experience
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated strength in employee relations/employment law, management coaching, and process improvement
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proven collaboration & analytical skills
- Internal customer focus
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong experience in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, PeopleSoft
Nice to Haves
- PHR and/or MBA preferred
- 4 + years experience as an HR Business Partner or Generalist
- Project Management and change management experience preferred
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.