Maintenance Tech (Cornerstone Srvcs)Job ID R43543
Job Description Details
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Department: Maintenance and Facilities
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician II position is to maintain all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) and building mechanical and electrical systems that support the fulfillment center processes, and provide support to the Building Manager for all maintenance and facilities related functions.
This role will perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and planned maintenance repairs of all conveyors, powered industrial trucks (PIT) and related equipment, production, and building-related equipment.
- This requires an intermediate working knowledge of industrial maintenance and equipment repair of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical subsystems to be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become larger problems.
- In addition, the technician should have working knowledge for the troubleshooting and fine-tuning of electrical systems and electronics including Programmable Logic Control (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives, and other controls to ensure the system is operating at peak production requirements and providing a high degree of reliability. T
- his role will engage and monitor service related vendors as necessary to support the maintenance of all MHE and building related systems.
- High School graduate or equivalent; Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certification (i.e., electrical, controls, plumbing, welding, etc.) or equivalent military technical training.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with mechanical and electrical systems including conveyor/sortation systems or similar equipment, in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet Qurate requirements to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
- Strong knowledge (trouble shooting and repair) of electrical systems ranging from high voltage to low voltage, AC and DC and single and three phase configurations.
- Strong knowledge (trouble shooting and repair) of conveyor systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC, VFD, and other control application
Day in the Life
- Conveyor, Automation and Sorter System Reliability – Support and perform planned and unplanned repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment. Troubleshoot conveyor, automation and sortation system controls and adjust/calibrate or repair as needed. Work with vendor partners to perform root cause analysis of abnormal issues and implement appropriate corrections. Maintain sufficient spare parts inventory in organized manner to support conveyor reliability and minimize downtime. Address production-related issues and make necessary corrections to maximize equipment throughput and reliability.
- Building Maintenance – Perform and/or facilitate general facility repairs such as plumbing, electrical, lighting, painting, HVAC, and wall repair. Perform repairs on dock doors, dock locks, and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Escort and assist outside vendors to ensure that contract work is completed in a safe and timely fashion with a high level of quality.
- Equipment Maintenance and Reliability– Perform planned and unplanned repairs, and preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, PIT and related equipment. Identify and correct safety hazards and potential maintenance issues before they become critical. When unscheduled
- Break downs occur works to document failures and implements solutions to ensure there is no reoccurrence.
- Problem Solving – Detect, diagnose, and resolve electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating/cooling, and equipment problems before they impact the operation of the facility. Includes use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Continuous Improvement – Participates in and may lead team activities around Kaizen events and other continuous improvement initiatives. Supports the design and implementation of continuous improvement processes including Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities.
- Safety / Facility Cleanliness –Practice and be a leader in 5S and safety procedures to ensure that the area is safe, organized, and clean. Maintain complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas daily. Understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations, company policies, and procedures including but not limited to storage and disposal of universal wastes, hazardous energy control (lock out/tag out), safe lifting techniques, fall protection, proper power equipment operation, and use of PPE, etc. Identify and act immediately to correct any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accident, and escalate issues as needed.
- System Installation, Design, Construction and Repair – Recommend and perform installations of new or replacement equipment. Work with and/or oversee In-House team members and outside contractors.
- Record Keeping – Input and maintain records using CMMS systems to ensure accuracy of time, parts, and repair data. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, manuals, schematics and technical manuals and document changes as needed.
- Fabrication – Utilize materials and tools to design/create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned. Prioritize tasks to ensure all requests are completed in a safe and timely manner. Assist with the familiarization of new team members in operational procedures, mentor team members, use of safety equipment and identification of safety hazards. Provide excellent communication with peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks. Oversee assigned projects within the facility, provide assistance to third-party vendors, and provide status updates to team leaders. Performs all other maintenance and support activities as assigned.
- Certification in PIT maintenance including reach trucks, swing reach, stock pickers, counterbalance, and pallet end-riders.
- Experience maintaining hydraulic 5th wheel vehicles (yard truck).
- Possess strong prioritization and organizational skills, have the ability to oversee the timely completion of multiple tasks, and be able to make decisions independently
- Strong computer skills
- Good working knowledge of building codes, National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFTA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Working knowledge of PLC, VFD’s, and other control systems
Additional Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to work well independently. (productively, safely, compliantly and utilizing sound judgment)
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures including attendance/punctuality.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form with leadership, peers and outside vendors.
- Ability to work with technology including computers, mobile devices, meters and diagnostic tools, utilizing typical software and applications typical in business and maintenance environments.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to lift items (boxes, manuals, merchandise, inventory, motors, rollers etc.) weighing approximately 0 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in normal warehouse conditions, which may include hot/cold/dusty/loud environment.
- Ability to work outdoors in environments with wide variations in temperature and conditions (including snow removal) – in the rare case of snow, will you have equipment for snow removal?
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders and access roof of the facility.
- Ability to access and enter information using an automated system both quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces/platforms, and aerial lift equipment at platform heights up to 36 feet.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to take on call and work shifts as required.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the position may be required to perform, and the position may be required to perform additional functions as assigned. Additionally, Qurate Retail Group reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.