Operations SupervisorJob ID 0819274
Business Unit Summary
Reports to Operations Manager -The overall responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to ensure that service levels are being met pertaining to production goals and quality on a daily basis, as well as to provide training, development and leadership to ensure associates are productive and successful.
A Day in the Life
•Meet all service level requirements and monitor workflow pertaining to assigned department.
•Responsible for performance related to meeting/exceeding company standards, holding associates accountable, performing follow-ups, and ensuring standards are being maintained at all times.
•Maintain and issue all paperwork related to performance, procedures, and evaluations in a timely manner.
•Train, develop, and give recognition to associates.
•Promote a safe, clean, and organized work environment at all times.
•Provide excellent customer service with a commitment to perform at or above expected service levels.
•Responsible for daily staffing needs, including the transfer of hours out of and into the department.
•All other duties as directed by CSI management
Key to Success
At Cornerstone, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in a Distribution Center environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Able to prioritize and handle multi-task situations while delegating accordingly.
• Looks at situations with an open mind to determine the best way to proceed.
• Ability to prepare and analyze reports for production and quality, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strives to exceed all company requirements and industry standards related to the job.
• Promotes a professional work environment at all times.
• Has the ability to train, develop and motivate associates to become successful, thereby increasing job satisfaction and improving retention.
• Highly motivated and detail oriented.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge and ability required to perform the functions of the job.
• Ability to work in an environment with moderate variations in temperature.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet the performance standards of the position.
• The ability to readily understand, respond and react to both oral and written work direction.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
• Ability to climb, kneel and squat for extended periods of time
Nice to Have
• BA/BS degree preferred
• 5 years’ experience supervising a team in a Distribution Center environment is preferred
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores.
The Cornerstone Brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone Brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group") all dedicated to providing a third way to shop, beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD, as well as various green energy investments.