Receiving ManagerJob ID R43981
Job Description Details
Just like our products, the people who work at Frontgate are full of life. They warmly welcome and entertain our Guests into our stores and are confident, thoughtful and at ease in their approach to providing the best service in the industry.
Our store team creates the Grand Living experience for our Guests. They represent the best talent in the industry. They provide personalized design services and tell the story of our brand through compelling product presentation. They are voice of Frontgate in the community. They host events that bring the Grand Living Experience to life for our Guests. They are business savvy, consistently achieving sales and profit targets and provide exceptional levels of unexpected service.
Receiving Manager Primary Responsibilities
Bring the Grand Living Experience to Life
- Perform a variety of operational activities including, but are not limited to; scheduling, inventory management, backroom organization & store maintenance
- Work collaboratively together on floorsets and continual replenishment of inventory to enhance the overall store environment
- Support the integrity of the store inventory through proper execution of inventory management policies
- Assure the quality and condition of new merchandise meets company standards
- Strong understanding of ‘Division of Responsibility’ alignment, competent in merchandise flow processes, including inspecting and receiving new merchandise and data entry into inventory management system
- Be accountable for delivering quality Receiving Associate training and development and create an environment where teams feel treated fairly and with dignity and respect
- Manage the performance of Receiving Associates and consistently provide feedback and coaching in the moment
- Effectively model strong leadership activities to drive results; ensure engagement among team represents the Grand Living experience
- Assure all back areas meet company standards of cleanliness and a safe work environment
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail and able to do what it takes to go above and beyond for our Guests
Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with other members of leadership and store team to support the company priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Efficiently manages all non-selling activities within budget and looks for ways to control expenses.
- Work with General Manager and Assistant Store Manager on managing delivery costs and payroll targets.
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of shipping and receiving experience in specialty retail industry, but not required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75lbs
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.