General ManagerJob ID R35968
Job Description Details
ust like our products, the people who work at Frontgate are full of life. They warmly welcome and entertain our customers into our stores and are confident, thoughtful and at ease in their approach to providing the best service in the industry.
General Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Actively network, interview, select and on-board top talent.
- Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
- Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and 'Division of Responsibility' assignments.
- Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor leadership to drive sales while maintaining extraordinary customer service and visual presentation.
- Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
- Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, credit card, and community outreach.
- Execute visual direction with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategize, develop and execute in-store events and source partnerships within the industry to build brand recognition
Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with store team, Head of Stores and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
- Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 5 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment, home furnishing background preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.