Sales Lead-VisualJob ID R35053
Job Description Details
The Sales Lead – Visual Merchandising Position
- Deliver excellent customer service by fostering an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient for customers and co-workers
- Ensure Brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of company visual merchandising standards and concepts
- Collaborate with management team in sell down strategy and substitutions
- Utilize applicable reporting tools to manage inventory levels and evaluate merchandising needs
- Work collaboratively together on floorsets, window display planning and continual replenishment of inventory to create an extraordinary guest experience
- Serve as sales supervisor and oversee daily activities, as scheduled by management to ensure proper floor coverage and goal awareness
- Provide actionable and specific performance feedback to the management team based on observation of the store team
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies
- Responsible for marketing execution and sign kit organization
- Identify visual merchandising training opportunities
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
Leader & Team Builder - Develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensure alignment of individual goals support overall business objectives. Coaches team members to the selling model for success. Embraces teamwork and excellence while fostering an environment of trust. Always staying focused on top priorities.
Results-Driven - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Keeps commitments without excuses, demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment. Takes smart risks and always supports others to do the same.
Strong Communicator - Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences. Addresses challenges and change proactivity but always open to other ideas.
Collaborative & Inspiring - Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve a resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams inspired and focused on the success of the entire company. Understands the interdependencies and impact of their work on others and works to coordinate with others. Graciously stresses the importance of effective change management and champions’ innovation … ultimately nurturing a great store culture.
Delivers Accountability - Requests on-going reporting of various performance indicators to qualify the integrity of all touch points associated with the store results and guest experiences. Monitors and champions employee engagement.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- 1-3 years of experience in specialty retail industry, but not required
- Excellent communications, delegations, follow-up and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to function in a team setting and show sound judgment in managing a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Curious and open to adopting new ways of thinking and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights for floorset execution
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and be fearless
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the reason we are in business
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.