AccountantJob ID R35477
Job Description Details
This position will be responsible for accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting while providing analysis and partnership to assist departments in financial performance.
- Coordinate the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate accounting.
- Ensure journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Complete proper analysis to ensure that expenditures, profit and balance sheet are properly stated.
- Ensure that accounting controls are adequate and functioning properly by recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Develop broad business knowledge as well as specific knowledge and relationships with multiple business units in order to better understand their budgets/forecasts and recommend potential cost savings opportunities.
- Analyze and prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies and procedures (including control deadlines)
- Build, maintain and distribute daily, monthly, and quarterly financial reports with a focus on improved insight into business issues and optimization of reporting processes.
- Participate in forecast and budget preparation, using strong analytical skills to develop insightful revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget/forecast levels while developing adequate reporting to ensure accountability to budgets/forecasts.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- 2 to 5 years strong experience with month end close, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
- Strong work ethic; willing to work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with various levels of management
- Intermediate experience at Excel required
- Ability to manage processes and projects with minimal direction.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and an intellectual curiosity to investigate variance issues.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to be a team-player while using initiative and persistence to get results.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting and competing priorities
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.