Analyst FP&AJob ID R38228
The Analyst FP&A job is responsible for examining business and financial information in order to summarize trends and make sound suggestions regarding where risks and opportunities exist. This position is expected to support the Finance Director in the completion of the monthly billing exercises, distribution center labor analysis and capital purchase plans. This position is also responsible for accurately forecasting the business results on a monthly, and annual basis. This individual will be responsible for presenting the analysis to both his FP&A leader as well as various members of the business. This individual must possess excellent analytical skills and an attention to detail. This includes the use of traditional Microsoft Office software as well as other internal reporting systems to analyze the facts that are gathered.
Job Description Details
- Performing weekly/monthly budget and forecast reports
- Participating in month-end close
- Performs financial analysis including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis and financial and expense performance
- Performing financial analysis/reporting of business trends
- Gathering and reconciling financial information for analysis
- Creates and maintains analytical comparisons and reports
- Participating in projects
- Assisting in the improvement of current reporting processes to make them more efficient (weekly, monthly and quarterly packages, as well as key metrics reports)
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- 2-7 years directly related experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ACCESS or other databases.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to act cross-functionally
- Preferred- Hyperion Essbase
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.