Application Support EngineerJob ID R36063
Job Description Details
Business Unit Summary
The CBI Applications Support Engineer is responsible for the ongoing support, management and integration of critical business applications. She/he ensures the application is functioning properly on a daily basis and providing the intended functionality to the business. This includes designing, building and maintaining functionality within the application and the interfaces to other systems. The Application Support Engineer is an expert on how to configure the application to enable new business functionality, and troubleshoot any issues that may occur. She/he will work closely with the business users to prioritize, design, test and implement new functionality. The Administrator plans, directs, and coordinates technology projects associated with the applications to ensure success, timeliness and ROI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or comparable level of experience
- 3+ years of IT experience managing applications and interfaces
- Must possess experience implementing 3rd party software packages and working with vendors.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server including writing queries, stored procedures
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with a diverse group of customers and IT personnel
- High degree of self-management, confidence, drive and enthusiasm with the ability to handle changing priorities and to use good judgment when working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical and application issues which may involve hardware, software, networking, and/or operator problems
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Keys to Success
At Qurate Retail Group, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing one or more of the following applications: Oracle Xstore POS, Radial VendorNet/Dropship Manager, MHC Document Express, ADP Payroll, Infor Lawson Financials, Kronos time and attendance
- Knowledge of payment card systems including middleware, online gateways, etc.
- Experience with enterprise level applications strongly preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with hardware and peripheral troubleshooting/support, and operating system support
- Development experience in Java and .NET
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.