Art DirectorJob ID R36023
Job Description Details
The Art Director is an experienced creative professional who will partner with the Senior Art Director and cross-functional teams to deliver high performing and compelling marketing materials (catalogs, direct mail and digital visual assets). The Art Director is responsible for partnering with copy and production teams to ensure correct imagery and copy are used in print and on the web. Additionally, the Art Director will perform routine duties such as basic design and general upkeep in a precise and timely fashion.
- Act as project lead on assigned marketing materials creating strategic and inspiring visuals that create brand awareness and drive marketing strategies
- Work collaboratively with Merchandising, Marketing, and internal partners to deliver on brand-enhancing strategies and best-in-class creative materials focusing on product characteristics
- Partner with Sr. Art Director to ensure photo art direction is consistent with our brand and strategic direction, by creating compelling storytelling, style and formats while maintaining brand integrity
- Ideate and present creative concepts to leadership that outline the vision for each project
- Partner with design, photography and copy teams, to execute creative vision and marketing strategy
- Contribute to the evolution of work processes relative to marketing/planning, pagination, and multi-channel asset execution
- Hands-on layout for marketing materials from concept through production
- Resizing and editing photographs
- Monitor all assigned catalogs through the entire process
- Ensure consistency of design/layout and adherence to the brand standards
- Establish and adhere to schedules for design and layout reviews
- Partner with copy team to maintain and advance editorial voice
- Work with Sr. Production Manager to ensure GREPS are up to date
- Align layout with merchandising goals/objectives
- Deliver presentations to team and/or senior creative staff
- Be a constant student of our competitors, citing examples, and define fresh approaches to execute creative work
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BFA in Art, Design or related degree, preferred
- 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in catalog or retail with a life-style brand incorporating design, photo art direction, and brand development.
- Working knowledge of Mac Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Successfully collaborates and performs duties by solving problems, applying critical thinking
- Passion for all things creative with an outstanding portfolio
- Advanced understanding of printing process, photography, illustration and typography
- Photography experience required
- Proven track record of excellent time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.