Assistant MerchantJob ID R34662
The Assistant Merchant’s primary responsibility is to support the Merchandising team in maintaining accurate, detailed information necessary for daily business decision-making.
Job Description Details
- Obtains all needed information to complete and process accurate paperwork internally: new vendor information forms, new product information forms, turnover forms, etc.
- Enters data and manages product spreadsheets (MAPS) daily, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information, maintaining data integrity, and communicating changes to all necessary parties, internally and externally, in a timely manner.
- Prepares and distributes requested reports: drop lists, new item lists, etc.
- Maintains historical data on proprietary, branded, and exclusive products.
- Orders, tracks, and manages product samples for product reviews, creative turnover, and photography, processes sample invoices, and maintains sample room organization.
- Prepare detailed paperwork for creative turnovers.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage processes and projects with direction.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Demonstrates a passion for Retail.
- Ability to push, pull, lift a minimum of 25lbs
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.