Assistant Store ManagerJob ID R34956
Job Description Details
Assistant Store Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Actively network, interview, select and on-board top talent.
- Train and motivate a team of associates through on-going programs in sales, Guest services and product knowledge.
- Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and 'Division of Responsibility' assignments.
- Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
- Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Model exemplary service and ensure direct reports perform effective floor leadership activities to drive sales while maintaining extraordinary customer service and visual presentation.
- Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
- Drive sales and build Guest loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, Design Solution events, credit card, and community outreach.
- Execute visual direction with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategize, develop and execute in-store events and source partnerships within the industry to build brand recognition.
Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with General Manager, store team and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Manage payroll to maximize productivity and achieve sales/payroll goals.
- Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 5 years management experience in specialty retail; home furnishing background preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.