Associate MerchantJob ID R38686
Job Description Details
LOCATION West Chester, Ohio
DIRECT REPORTS N/A
The Associate Merchant is primarily responsible for the management of daily business operations and the lifecycle of the products.
- Communicates accurate and up-to-date information regarding product selection in a timely manner.
- Assists in catalog production and observing production timelines.
- Manages active vendor relationships and issues including product testing, quality, and vendor compliance and maintains accurate vendor information records.
- Manages and tracks merchandising allowances, vendor debits, etc.
- Performs sales and returns analysis and manages inventory issues including liquidations and returns in order to maintain fluid movement of products throughout their lifecycle.
- Becomes knowledgeable about market trends and competitor’s products; could attend domestic trade shows, as applicable.
- Develops understanding of building competitive merchandise assortment aligned with our customer needs and brand positioning.
- Build an understanding of retail math, merchandise driven financials and their applications.
- Grow knowledge of product development, sourcing and quality.
- Develops merchant skills by taking on a sub-category of merchandising responsibility, as applicable.
- Executes tasks/responsibilities of Assistant Merchant as applicable or as needed.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years merchandising experience with demonstrable success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage processes and projects with minimal direction.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows leadership and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 25lbs
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.