Associate MerchantJob ID R44049
Job Description Details
The Associate Merchant is primarily responsible for the management of daily business operations of a Merchandising Category, supporting the team to meet the goals of the company. .
- Builds and updates seasonal assortment sheets, line plans, and item sku lists.
- Manages daily correspondence with vendors including project management, sample ordering, and communicating concerns.
- Ownership of new item set up, gathering accurate product information, and price changes.
- Assists in proofing product copy, catalog layouts, and website for seasonal launches.
- Performs sales, margin, and returns reporting, and analyze the information in an honest manor.
- Becomes knowledgeable about market trends and competitor’s products; could attend domestic trade shows, as applicable.
- Develops understanding of building competitive merchandise assortment aligned with our customer needs and brand positioning.
- Build an understanding of retail math, merchandise driven financials and their applications.
- Grow knowledge of product development, sourcing and quality.
- Develops merchant skills by taking ownership of a sub-category, as applicable.
- Keeps the team on task to meet deadlines.
- Executes tasks/responsibilities of Assistant Merchant as applicable.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years merchandising experience with demonstrable success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage programs, processes, and projects with minimal direction.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Shows leadership and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to push, pull, and lift a minimum of 25lbs
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.