Compliance Team Lead (Cinmar)Job ID R39649
Job Description Details
Compliance Team Lead
LOCATION West Chester, Ohio 45069
RELATIONSHIP Director, Sourcing and Compliance
DIRECT REPORTS 2+
The Compliance Team Lead’s primary responsibility is to exceed our customer’s high expectations related to product quality, presentation and packaging while ensuring optimization on operational costs. This person is responsible for ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and customs requirements related to product as well as providing guidance and focus to the Compliance team to accomplish quality and operational objectives.
This Compliance Team Lead will be a “working” Team Lead position, which requires the individual to handle multiple categories, contribute to operational projects, manage operating expenses and budgets, elevate awareness and risk on test failures and support recommendations to the partner teams for product feasibility. This position will also lead a team of Compliance Specialists to continuously improve the customer experience, reduce customer returns, ensure product /transit testing is completed and passing, and ensure company initiatives related to improving internal operational performance and metrics are executed.
- Ensure project initiatives and testing schedules for the Compliance team are implemented on-time and to schedule
- Define and manage all testing processes and resources to ensure that quality standards are maintained
- Manage testing budgets
- Take immediate corrective action when product quality issues arise, including containment of inventory, ensuring customer satisfaction and maximizing cost recovery from vendors when appropriate
- Identify and develop strategic action plans with Merchants and vendor to improve product quality
- Establish and enforce vendor requirements for packaging, labeling and product assembly instructions
- Work with Copy teams to ensure appropriate product information is included in web and catalog content
- Monitor product timelines for Compliance to ensure that product is tested timely and accurately and meets the appropriate brand standards
- Develop and execute programs to minimize inbound and outbound freight
- Collaborate with various departments on systemic and operational projects / initiatives to improve efficiencies
- Determine need and negotiate rate to use third party logistic agencies for product re-work
- Establish actionable reporting and communication of taken actions to vendors, Merchants and Planning for key improvement initiatives
- Other responsibilities as directed and necessary for the business
Strategic Thinker: Has a proactive mindset who can juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment while communicating the company’s quality vision to both internal and external partners. Motivate a team and drive our distribution center for superior results.
Project Lead: Has the ability to identify and/or contribute to projects and actions related to improvement initiatives
- Creative Problem Solver: Effectively performs root cause analysis to identify solutions and achieve results
- 5+ years of Direct to Consumer or Consumer Product Industry related experience
- Experience leading high performing Teams preferred
- Thorough knowledge of product and quality control (Furniture craftsmanship is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability leading improvement projects
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of levels both internal and external
- Ability to work with mainframe systems, reporting tools, and proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (PkMS and Ecometry is a plus)
- Understanding or familiarity of ANSI, ASTM, BIFMA, CPSC and ISTA
- BA/BS degree is required or commensurate experience
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.